Since I first began to study the law, I always believed that I would be a trial lawyer. I have always felt more comfortable in the courtroom fighting for my client's best interests than sitting behind a desk. I began my career as an assistant district attorney. During that time I tried more than 100 jury trials. Through these experiences I learned that preparation is the key to winning any trial. To be well prepared, I maintain close contact with all of the people involved in the case, and I personally handle the smallest details.
To properly handle an accident case, dedication and attention to detail are indispensable. I speak to each client personally on a regular basis. I pride myself on knowing how each client's case is developing. With my extensive trial experience, a client never has to worry that his case is being settled because his lawyer doesn't want to take the case to trial. I will fight the fights that need to be fought because I have no fear of the courtroom. On the other hand, I am able to recognize when a case has potential weaknesses, and will recommend a settlement when it is in the best interest of the client.
Continuing legal education is a key to being a good lawyer. I am a member of the Bar Association of Erie County and the Western New York Trial Lawyers Association. I have attended several seminars on a range of topics, including accident reconstruction, forensic analysis, toxic torts, premises liability and insurance law. I served as a judge for the Trial Technique Program at the University of Buffalo Law School and have lectured at several area high schools regarding traffic safety.
- B.A. – University at Buffalo – Cum Laude
- J.D. – University at Buffalo School of Law
- Licensed to practice law in New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and United States District Court.
- Trial attorney, Cellino & Barnes (1998- Present)
- Erie County DA’s Office (1986-1998)
Honors and Professional Organizations
- Erie County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Western New York Trial Lawyers Association
- I served as a judge for the Trial Technique Program
- Lectured at several area high schools regarding traffic safety
- Actively involved in the United Way.
- I reside in Clarence with my wife and 2 children. In my free time, I enjoy coaching little league baseball and football.
Cellino & Barnes represents or has represented auto injury victims throughout the Rochester, New York area, including: Brighton, Brockport, Chili Center, East Penfield, East Rochester, Fairport, Gates Center, Greece, Hamlin, Henrietta, Honeoye Falls, Irondequoit, North Chili, North Greece, North Hamlin, North Rush, Penfield, Pittsford, Rochester, Rush, South Chili, South Greece, Spencerport, Webster, West Brighton, West Chili, West Greece, West Henrietta, and West Webster.