Hard work, communication and honesty are the keys to success in any field - especially law. I learned about hard work while putting myself through college and law school while working in my father's business - a “mom and pop” corner grocery store in Hamburg, NY. At this job I met and spoke with thousands of people from all walks of life. I realized that while every person is different, all should be treated with courtesy, dignity and respect.
Upon completing law school, I joined a firm that specialized in civil litigation which handled cases for the insurance companies. I eventually became a partner. For over 15 years, I represented insurers and defendants in personal injury lawsuits and trials. I learned how the insurance companies handled cases and the strategy they used. It became clear to me that the average person did not stand a chance in such a conflict.
On occasion, I had the chance to represent a plaintiff-a victim of someone's negligence. As time passed, I noticed that I enjoyed that part of my practice the most. I loved being able to help a client by bringing some sense of justice to them for the injury he or she suffered.
In 2007 I joined Cellino & Barnes where I would only represent injured plaintiffs. In my mind, the best lawyer to represent plaintiffs is one which knows how the other side thinks and works. I know that my first hand experience in representing the insurance companies will be a great asset. I promise to work hard and honestly communicate with each of my clients.
- B.A. - SUNY Buffalo, 1989 (magna cum laude)
- J.D. - SUNY Buffalo, School of Law, 1992
- Licensed to practice law in New York
- Trial attorney, Cellino & Barnes (2007 - Present)
- Trial attorney, Chelus, Herdzik, Speyer, Monte & Pajak (1993-2007)
Honors and Professional Organizations
- Erie County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Women's Bar Association of Erie County
- Western New York Trial Lawyers Association
- Not for the Faint of Heart, Additional Personal Injury Protection (APIP) Benefits, New York State Bar Association, JOURNAL, March/April 2006
- I reside in Buffalo, New York with my family. In my free time I enjoy traveling, reading and watching movies.
Cellino & Barnes represents or has represented auto injury victims throughout the Rochester, New York area, including: Brighton, Brockport, Chili Center, East Penfield, East Rochester, Fairport, Gates Center, Greece, Hamlin, Henrietta, Honeoye Falls, Irondequoit, North Chili, North Greece, North Hamlin, North Rush, Penfield, Pittsford, Rochester, Rush, South Chili, South Greece, Spencerport, Webster, West Brighton, West Chili, West Greece, West Henrietta, and West Webster.